THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
A mid- to senior-level production master interested in bringing his or her Miyagi-like wisdom to our boutique dojo of designers and developers. In other words, we want a producer to come aboard to manage the studio’s day-to-day operations while also helping to formulate and execute the big picture.
A small, tight-knit group of makers who share a mutual obsession for typography, texture, patterns and all things interactive. We like Red Velvet Oreos a whole lot too. We excel at designing and building for the web. We love branding and print projects. We’re all about data and social media visualization. Our clients range from startups and small businesses to some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
An experienced interactive producer or project manager, preferably with agency experience. You run projects, manage timelines and resources, deal directly with clients and can speak intelligently to designers and developers. You’re organized and detail oriented. You possess exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Above all, you have a good sense of humor and feel right at home in a fun and casual, but fast-paced environment.
- Run the studio’s production schedule and manage the schedules and workload of team members, full-time and freelance
- Manage the timelines of all projects
- Manage the majority of projects
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the majority of projects and clients
- Lead the discovery phase on the majority of projects that require it
- Schedule and run regular team meetings
- Manage inter- and intra-departmental communication (i.e., make sure the developers are talking to each other and meeting regularly; make sure designers and developers are talking to each other and meeting regularly)
- Curate a network of freelancers to leverage when necessary, which may involve writing and posting job listings and interviewing candidates
- Source and manage interns and apprentices. Keep them busy
- Oversee the creation of instructional manuals/videos/wikis/etc. for clients (see point above about keeping interns busy)
- Foster team spirit (i.e., organizing nights out, giving lots of high fives, etc.)
- This is a full-time position in our New York office
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Two weeks paid vacation, holidays, sick days, plus five additional days off of the company’s choosing (the day after Thanksgiving, etc.)
- Company matched retirement plan
- Health and vision plan with up to 50% of your premium paid by company
How to apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, provide your resume and include a few choice tidbits about yourself. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, include a reference to “Jabba the Hutt” somewhere in your response. Otherwise, your resume will be fed to our pet sarlacc.