North Street is an independently-owned branding, design and web development studio. We specialize in helping brands and businesses better engage their customers through thoughtful, user-first design and execution.
A Freelance Developer with a demonstrated ability to engineer a custom WordPress theme, based off designs from our design department, utilizing both back and frontend technologies. You’ll work off our in-house custom theme to develop websites on tight deadlines.
A motivated, self-directed developer, able to quickly pick up new technologies and work with our custom in-house theme. You’re well aware of cross-browser bugs and how to code for older browsers.
- Translate Sketch designs into highly-customized, client-friendly WordPress themes utilizing ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Be required to sign an NDA as our clients are confidential
- Not be able to feature work as part of a portfolio
- 3+ years of real world experience as a developer
- Strong understanding of the WordPress core, loop, filters, api, and various internal functions
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 4 and Git
- A keen eye for design and the ability to translate Sketch/Photoshop designs into pixel-perfect, responsive code
- Strong organization, communication and documentation skills, and a methodical approach to all tasks
You May Have
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent education experience
- Experience building your own WordPress plugins
- Possibly contributed to the WordPress Core
- This is a freelance, remote position, however you are welcome to work on-site at our studio in Manhattan’s South Street Seaport neighborhood
- Payment is competitive and commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, provide your resume, a link to your GitHub profile, and any other relevant information. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, please be sure to include what time zone you’re working in.
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or off-shore firms.