We’re hiring:Lead Developer (Full-time, On-site)
North Street is an independently-owned branding, design and web development studio. We specialize in helping brands and businesses better engage their customers through thoughtful, user-first design and execution.
A Lead Developer with a demonstrated ability to engineer a custom WordPress theme, based off designs from our design department, utilizing both back- and front-end technologies. You’ll work closely with a small, tight-knit team of writers, designers, and developers, and oversee all development projects and initiatives.
A motivated, self-directed developer, able to squash obscure bugs and issues that require custom solutions not readily found on Stack Overflow. You are active in the developer community and up-to-date with the emerging trends and technologies.
- Translate Sketch designs into highly-customized, client-friendly WordPress Themes utilizing ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Be able to maintain multiple projects, and occasionally manage clients
- Mentor junior developers and provide code reviews, and QA site builds
- Develop and improve the in-house custom WordPress theme and improve current systems and processes
- Direct junior developers and outside freelancers
- 7+ years of real world experience as a developer
- Strong understanding of the WordPress core, loop, filters, API, and various internal functions
- Familiarity with Bootstrap 4 and Git
- A keen eye for design and the ability to translate Sketch/Photoshop designs into pixel-perfect, responsive code
- Strong organization, communication and documentation skills, and a methodical approach to all tasks
You May Have
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent education experience
- Experience building your own WordPress plugins
- Possibly contributed to the WordPress Core
- Knowledge of Gutenberg and the possible issues surrounding it
- This is a full-time position at our studio in Manhattan’s South Street Seaport neighborhood
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid time off
- Team outings to neighborhood eateries and haunts
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com, provide your resume, a link to your github profile, and any other relevant information. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, please be sure to mention the name of the software that was the precursor to WordPress.
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or off-shore firms.
About north street
We engineer the thoughtful transformation of great organizations. Our proven process helps us understand what your competitors are doing right — and wrong. Want to learn more? Let’s chat.