We’re Hiring: Sales Development Representative
We believe in hiring for core values over hard skills and in allowing A-Players to fill a position by playing to their strengths—not necessarily how a job description is specifically written. Thus, we are open to applicants who have both more and less experience than what’s written below.
North Street is an independently-owned strategy and design studio. Our mission is to craft transformative brands and user experiences for leading financial services, professional services, and nonprofit organizations. We are in the business of creating unforgettable first and lasting impressions. Through well-honed method, empathic listening, and analytical focus, we apply intuitive strategy, design excellence, and subject matter expertise to our work. The results help our clients fully realize the financial potential of their evolving business vision.
A Sales Development Representative with an aptitude for discovering, qualifying and pursuing leads and potential relationships for creative development and brand strategy new business opportunities. You are a proactive and engaging personality that is comfortable connecting with people and networking with client leaders in the b2b financial services, professional services and non-profit arenas. You’ll report directly to the agency Founder and utilize your skills and hustle to uncover opportunities where North Street can help clients with our creative and strategic services.
- Develop and follow an outreach strategy that is based on smart research and savvy use of lead generation tools
- Network and connect with potential referral partners across the marketing, comms, PR and strategic communications ecosystem
- Pursue outbound leads and engagements as well as develop and network with referral partners
- Qualify and assess potential new business opportunities for further engagement
- Manage activity within CRM platform for sales pipeline, contact management and outreach
- ~4+ years of sales development experience, preferably in a consultative services setting
- A track record of generating leads and uncovering accounts with financial services, B2B, corporate, and non-profit organizations.
- Comfort with and connections to support concentration of outreach on major East Coast and select Midwest cities
- Experience managing and tracking the sales process using CRM tools, as well as with integrating with outbound email campaign
- Strong organization, client management, and communication skills, and a methodical approach to all tasks
- Demonstrated empathy, outgoingness, and strong work ethic
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment
This is a full-time position. You can work in our Providence, RI location or from anywhere in the United States (we currently have full-time employees in NYC, Boston, Detroit, Portland ME and California). We are targeting a salary range of $65-70K base + commission.
- Flexible work from home policy
- Health insurance (eligible from first day of employment)
- 401k with company matching (eligible from first day of employment)
- Paid time off
- Team outings/retreats
How to Apply
Email us at [email protected] with your resume and—to demonstrate that you’re an individual with an attention to detail that took the time to read this entire listing—please also let us know which of our core values you relate to the most and why.
What does the interview process look like:
- A video interview with our People and Culture manager to discuss your background and goals and to answer any initial questions you may have
- A video interview with a manager or director to further discuss your BizDev experience
- A video interview with our CEO & Founder to talk about North Street’s core values and culture
- In between meetings, references check + TTI Assessment (or similar)
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or off-shore firms. North Street is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
About north street
We engineer the thoughtful transformation of great organizations. Our proven process helps us understand what your competitors are doing right — and wrong. Want to learn more? Let’s chat.