We’re Hiring: Lead Developer
North Street is an independently-owned creative agency. We help organizations create captivating first and lasting impressions through the development of exceptional brand identity systems, websites, content, campaigns, and marketing materials.
A Lead Developer comfortable interfacing with clients and who possesses a demonstrated ability to manage in-house and outsourced development resources across multiple projects. You’ll work closely with a small, tight-knit team of developers, designers, and brand strategists and oversee all development projects and initiatives. Additionally, you’ll oversee the development and improvement of internal processes to ensure that the team is up-to-date in current development standards.
A motivated, self-directed developer, able to squash obscure bugs and issues that require custom solutions not readily found on Stack Overflow. You are active in the developer community and up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies. You are a people person, able to speak with clients and present in meetings.
- Translate Sketch designs into highly-customized, client-friendly WordPress sites leveraging ACF (Advanced Custom Fields)
- Utilize Principle to implement dynamic website animations and interactions
- Manage multiple projects and clients to fit with our internal development timeline
- Improve internal development processes
- Engage with clients during the sales process and WP admin training
- Own and improve processes around ADA compliance and web accessibility, site speed performance, GDPR, and future compliance regulations
- Be the primary developer on active projects (front-end and /or back-end)
- Develop a talent bench of freelancers and partner agencies
- Liaison with external IT, SaaS, hosting and other vendors
- Contribute to thought leadership articles for the company’s blog
- ~6+ years of real world experience as a developer
- Strong understanding of the WordPress core, loop, filters, API, and various internal functions
- Familiarity with Git
- A keen eye for and innate understanding of design, and the ability to translate Sketch and Principle designs into pixel-perfect, responsive code
- Strong organization, communication, and documentation skills, and a methodical approach to all tasks
You May Have
- A degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent education experience
- Contributed to the WordPress Core
- Knowledge of Gutenberg and the potential issues surrounding it
- This is a full-time position. You can work in our NYC or Providence, RI location or from anywhere (we currently have full-time employees in Florida and California)
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Flexible work from home policy
- Health insurance
- 401k with company matching
- Paid time off
- Team outings/retreats
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com and provide your resume, a link to your GitHub profile, and any other relevant information. To confirm you read this job posting thoroughly, please be sure to tell us the latest show, movie, podcast, album, artist, etc that you’ve been binging on.
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or off-shore firms.
North Street is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
About north street
We engineer the thoughtful transformation of great organizations. Our proven process helps us understand what your competitors are doing right — and wrong. Want to learn more? Let’s chat.