We’re Hiring: Technical Project Manager
Thank you to all the amazing applicants that have applied to this role. We have closed this job opening and are no longer taking applications. We encourage you to still keep in touch and check our website for any new opportunities in the future!
We believe in hiring for core values over hard skills and in allowing A-Players to fill a position by playing to their strengths—not necessarily how a job description is specifically written. Thus, we are open to applicants who have both more and less experience than what’s written below.
North Street is an independently-owned strategy and design studio. Our mission is to craft transformative brands and user experiences for leading financial services, professional services, and nonprofit organizations. We are in the business of creating unforgettable first and lasting impressions. Through well-honed method, empathic listening, and analytical focus, we apply intuitive strategy, design excellence, and subject matter expertise to our work. The results help our clients fully realize the financial potential of their evolving business vision.
A Technical Project Manager with demonstrated ability to manage web developers and website projects.
A technically proficient project manager with experience successfully running website development projects from design handoff to launch. You’ll work closely with a small, tight-knit team of developers, designers, and brand strategists to successfully build, test, and launch websites. Additionally, you’ll oversee the development and improvement of internal processes to ensure that the team is up-to-date in current web dev standards and operating efficiently.
- Oversee the development of all WordPress sites with final sign off authority prior to launch
- Manage deployment processes and workflows
- Oversee all DevOps (repositories, staging environments, etc)
- Streamline processes of the collection and entry of new and imported web content
- 3-4 years experience managing web development projects, workflows, and people
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Familiarity with Git and Bitbucket/GitHub
- Familiarity with leading web hosting providers and DNS-related best practices
- Experience interfacing with clients and have a demonstrated ability to manage in-house and outsourced development resources across multiple projects
- Strong organization, communication, and documentation skills, and a methodical approach to all tasks
This is a full-time remote position. You can work in our Providence, RI location or from anywhere in the United States (we currently have full-time employees in NYC, Boston, Pittsburgh, Portland ME and California). We are targeting a salary range of $75K – 90K
- Health insurance (eligible from first day of employment)
- 401k with company matching (eligible from first day of employment)
- Flexible paid time off
- Team outings/retreats
How to Apply
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and—to demonstrate that you’re an individual with an attention to detail that took the time to read this entire listing—please also let us know which of our core values you relate to the most and why.
What does the interview process look like?
- A video interview with our People and Culture manager to discuss your background and goals and to answer any initial questions you may have
- A video interview with a manager or director to further discuss your Tech PM experience
- A video interview with our CEO & Founder to talk about North Street’s core values and culture
- References check
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or off-shore firms. North Street is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
About north street
We engineer the thoughtful transformation of great organizations. Our proven process helps us understand what your competitors are doing right — and wrong. Want to learn more? Let’s chat.