We’re Hiring: Visual Designer
North Street is an independently-owned design, branding, and creative services studio. We help organizations engage and excite their target audiences by crafting impactful brand identities, websites, content, campaigns, and marketing materials.
A Visual Designer with a demonstrated ability to conceive and design visual identities and brand systems. You’re a critical and creative thinker that believes good design is rooted in a thorough and rigorous discovery process. This is also more than an opportunity to design brands; it’s an opportunity to help shape and grow North Street.
- Lead branding and visual identity efforts based on deep research and client preferences
- Assist with production work on websites, presentations, proposals, and marketing materials
- Plan and lead presentations for client meetings
- Own design on multiple projects at any given time
- Produce work that is on-brand, on-budget, and exceeds client expectations
- Maintain a keen eye for evolving best practices and emerging trends
- 2+ years experience as a visual designer, brand designer, or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch
- Expert attention to detail and ability to manage shifting priorities on the fly
- An obsession with typography, layout, color, and all things branded and interactive
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional critical thinking skills and a sharp eye for visual design, including documentation illustrating your thought process around a given project
You May Have
- A degree in visual design or related field or equivalent education experience
- Experience designing for WordPress
- Experience designing ADA compliant websites
- Experience conducting discovery research
- Experience working with After Effects
- This is a full-time position at our studio in Manhattan’s South Street Seaport neighborhood
- 40 hour work week – rarely, if ever, any longer
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 10 paid vacation days
- 5 paid sick days
- Floating work from home days
- Casual work environment
- Unlimited coffee and snacks
- Team outings to neighborhood eateries and attractions
How to Apply
Email us at email@example.com with your resume, a link to your portfolio, and share the most recent skill or idea you’ve taught yourself that’s unrelated to this job role.
We are seeking individuals. No recruiters, agencies, or offshore firms.
North Street is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
About north street
We engineer the thoughtful transformation of great organizations. Our proven process helps us understand what your competitors are doing right — and wrong. Want to learn more? Let’s chat.