WordPress Theme Activation causes 500 error
If you are activating a new theme and it in turn gives you a 500 error, do the following:
1. Go into the directory and change the folder name of the theme temporarily.
2. Go back to the wp-admin and change the theme back to default wordpress theme.
3. Go to plugins and make sure all plugins that Theme is dependent on are activated.
4. Go back to directory and change folder name back.
5. Go back to activating the new Theme.
About north street
We engineer the thoughtful transformation of great organizations. Our proven process helps us understand what your competitors are doing right — and wrong. Want to learn more? Let’s chat.